Spring Cleaning: Nail Space & Collection
Issue No. 058
HELLO AND WELCOME TO BEYOND THE PAINT, A BLOG BY BIO SEAWEED GEL (BSG).
BEYOND THE PAINT WILL BE BRINGING YOU POSTS AND CONTENT THROUGHOUT EVERY MONTH TO LOOK FORWARD TO! STAY TUNED FOR EXPERT ADVICE, EXCLUSIVE NEWS, EXCITING INTERVIEWS, GIVEAWAYS AND MUCH MORE!
Spring cleaning is one of the best activities of the year as it clears out all the unnecessary things and helps to ensure that our home is in order and functioning properly. Spring Cleaning does not however stop at the home and can be crossed over into your nail salon and collection too! Here are some tips on how to spring clean your nail salon (or nail workspace), nail lacquer & gel polish collection this season.
Declutter: Start by decluttering your collection and getting rid of any old or expired products. Go through your gel polish collection and discard any polishes that have dried out, separated, or have thickened.
Bonus tip: Do you have a gel polish that is under 3 years old and you are not ready to toss out a polish yet? Add some Base-1, then mix well to see if you can bring it back to life!
Clean and disinfect: Thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces of your salon or nail workspace, including all tools and equipment. Make sure to take time to really wipe down and disinfect all nail files, cuticle pushers, cuticle cutters. For a more detailed task, wipe off any excess polish on the neck of bottles. We suggest to use 70% alcohol and lint-free wipes.
- Organize your collection: Organize your collection by product (nail lacquer, gel polish, dip powder), colour or brand to make it easier to find the colors you are looking for. Consider using a storage system that allows you to see all your colors at once, such as our Wall Rack.
- Restock Your Nail Supplies: Nothing says fresh start like a new pack of gel buffers or nail files! Once you have discarded any old product and tools, reorganized your current inventory, it’s time to restock what you may be missing or need to replace! This is a great time to also take note of what you have and create a running list to maintain through the year.
- Refresh your workspace: give your workspace a mini makeover by updating the layout – it could be something as big as moving furniture around the room or switching up how your tabletop is organized. You can also refresh your workspace by adding new décor pieces like new artwork to really elevate your space and make it feel like new.
- Maintenance & create a dust-free environment: Once thoroughly spring cleaned and organized, it’s all about upkeep! Being diligent in cleaning every time you complete a service (on yourself or clients) makes spring cleaning much easier. Our Dust Collector is a key equipment that can help with the maintenance by creating a dust-free environment.
- Refresh Your Nails: The cleaning and refreshing does not stop at your salon space or collection why not take it to your fingertips. Get fresh and clean nails using our UNPOLISHED Gel Mask Nail Remover. The first gel mask that gently removes gel products of your fingernails!
Spring is the perfect time of year to refresh, rejuvenate and reorganize. With these spring-cleaning tips, you will be ready to discover a clean nail space and nail collection in no time.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Will you be doing some Spring Cleaning this season? What is your #1 tip? Did we miss anything?
Enter in our blog giveaway for a chance to win 1 of 2 $50 BSG e-Gift card by subscribing to our mailing list and leaving a blog comment. Each month we will announce 1 winner from Canada and 1 winner from USA, selected from the blog comments and cross checking that you joined the mailing list. Winners will be contacted on the first Wednesday of every month by email. Subscribe using the form below.
[GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Winners are: Dori O & Samantha.]
Subscribe using the form below.
I love spring cleaning but I do it twice a year and makes such a difference in my space. I also rearrange my polishes just to change the visual slightly.