Issue Number 020
Hello and welcome to Beyond the Paint, a blog by Bio Seaweed Gel (BSG).
Every other Wednesday we will be releasing new content that will discuss all things nails and more.
CELEBRATE BSG DAY
Established in 2006 in Toronto Canada, BSG will be turning 15 years old on June 19th 2021- that’s nearly two decades! These last 15 years have been filled with so much joy and memories, as well as meeting many lovely beings (both online and in person) who have a love for all things nails.
To celebrate the soon to be 15th year, we will be sharing with you the first look at the details for this year’s BSG Day but first we will be reflecting back with appreciation at the last 15 years.
A Look Back At The Last 15 Years
Since the inception of Bio Seaweed Gel, we are proud to say that BSG has:
- Created 18 unique seasonal collections with a total of 338 Gel Polish shades! That’s 161 UNITY Gels, 146 3STEP Gels and 31 Specialty Gels to be exact, all formulated as Big-5 free, cruelty-free and vegan friendly!
- Attended countless tradeshows both in the US and Canada, where we’ve had the pleasure to meet tens of thousands of some of the most amazing professionals in the business and of course our lovely customers (If you are one of the many faces, we’ve been lucky enough to meet in person, comment below where you are from and which tradeshow!)
- Upgraded offices 3 times, starting from just a home basement and moving into a bigger office and fulfilment space each time to keep up with the growing demands and needs of the brand.
- Opened a US office in California to better support and fulfil the needs of our US based customers! (If you weren’t familiar, we are Canadian brand with our home office in Toronto).
- Worked and partnered up with some of the most talented people and businesses in the industry, from the many nail technicians that we love and admire to companies and organizations like IPSY, NAILPRO Magazine, Nails Magazine and Toronto International Film Fest!
- Given back to charities such as SickKids Foundation, Ronald McDonald House and Black Women in Motion with some of the proceeds acquired through our major sales (hint: BSG Day is one coming up!)
Bio Seaweed Gel’s birthday is June 19th, which as of 2020 we coined as ‘BSG Day’, the best one-day sale of the year! Here is what you can expect:
25% Off Entire Website
This applies for both BSG VIP and Pro Members. If you are a Nail Professional, apply here to become a BSG Pro Member and get access to Professionals only pricing in conjunction with this sale! (You also get access to other perks and benefits of the BSG Squad Rewards Program)
3X the BSG Rewards Points
Join the BSG Squad and create an account today (if you haven’t yet) to earn, save and spend those points!
Free Gift of a Birthday BeBio Nail Lacquer
It’s our birthday but we want to gift you a BeBio Nail Lacquer with all orders placed on this day!
Donations to ACT2EndRacism
BSG will be donating $1 for every order placed on BSG Day to ACT2EndRacism, a Canadian based organization whose goals are to combat racism through various media releases, information campaigns, establishing an anti-racism registry and creating anti-racism resources & tools
We are thankful for everyone who’s supported us along these years and the friendships we have made and continue to make! You have all allowed us to achieve these accomplishments- without your love and support we wouldn’t be where we are today.
Now who’s excited for BSG Day?! Let us know what your wish list is looking like in preparation for the sale in the comments below. Every comment will also double as an entry for a chance to win a $25 BSG e-Gift card. One winner will be contacted by email on June 23rd 2021. Must be 18+ to enter and a resident of USA.
*Update: Giveaway closed, winner is Angela Bunch.
To leave a comment on our Canada blog click here.
My wishlist is sugar coat bebio, cashmere bebio, be bio marshmallow, be bio coconut 💗
I’m looking forward to a summer of fun, bright, and happy nails!! So my wishlist is full of Lemon, Sunburst, Victoria, bubblegum pop, limetime, and lucky charms- just to name a few!! x
My clients and I love this product! Nails are lasting longer than ever and the selection of colors is awesome!!!
Happy Birthday BSG! I keep adding to my wish list and chipping away at it to add more items. A must on my next order will be some BeBio base and top coat so I can rock those Mani’s this summer. And I am in love with the phases colors. I work in the air conditioning and my nail tips change color so I have a two tone effect with no effort at all!
I wish to add a matte top coat and the new summer collection on BSG Day.
I am totally hooked on how great BSG nail colors are! I need a few more Unity colors in my collection. Definitely going to add to my wishlist over the next couple weeks to prepare. Happy 15th, BSG!!
I love BSG Cottonangel. Looking forward to trying the Dip Powder system.
My wish list would be to get the gel you have the comments i have read about you gel sound great if i win the 25 egift that is what i would do with buy the gel you have anything left out of it if i have any left out of it i will use it to put with some other materials .
Really would like some bright summery gel polishes!
Can’t wait to pick up more gel polishes 🙏
Phases metallics and Glitters ❣️❣️❣️🎂🎁🎉
I am looking forward to snatching some unpolished as well as some more unity colors to add to my collection.
This is the nastiest smelling nail polish ever.
Happy 15 years BSG!! the products you guys continue to share with us are unmatched in quality! I’m definitely going to pick up a base and top, builder x and some of the new candy paint colors